Tuesday, December 9, 2008

2009 MIT Information Quality Industry Symposium

This time of year, we’re all looking at our budgets and planning for 2009. I’d like to recommend an event that I’ve been participating in for the past several years – the MIT IQ symposium. It’s in my travel budget and I’m looking forward to going to this event again this year.

The symposium is a July event in Boston that is a discussion and exchange of ideas about data quality between practitioners and academicians. The goal is less commercial than you would find at a typical symposium. In the case of this MIT event, it’s more about the mission and philosophy of information quality.

Day one focuses on education, with highly qualified and very interesting speakers teaching you about enterprise architecture, data governance, business intelligence, data warehousing. and data quality. Latest methodologies, frameworks, and best practice cases are the topics. Day two, the sessions deconstruct industry-specific topics. There is a government track, healthcare track and business track. On the last day, a half day, the sessions are more about the future of information quality.

I’ve grown to really enjoy the presentations, information quality theory and hallway chat that you find here. If you have some travel budget, please consider earmarking some of it for this event.

No comments:

Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinion of my employer. The material written here is copyright (c) 2010 by Steve Sarsfield. To request permission to reuse, please e-mail me.